Change The Storage Location Of 'my Documents', a bit safer for when your PC crashes...

normally windows saves the "My Documents" folder on your C-drive. But when you right-click on it and go to properties, you can change the location where you want windows to save your Documents folder.I have a partition set up with just windows on it, and all my things i want to keep are on different partitions/disks. So now I put My Documents on another partition than where I have windows installed. If windows screws up and you have to format your C-drive again, your documents will be spared at least...

Now my Docs are at F:\My Documents


It has became my habit from last 3-4 Years.Do this and you will never loose stuff there in an accidential crash.

0 Comments »

Page Navigation

IndiBlogger Rank

Hit Stats

About Me

My photo
Technology Lover & an IT Professional.

Twitter

http://www.twitterbuttons.com

MeraWindows

Delhi IT Pro

Delhi Devs

IndiBlogger

IE8

IP Address

Friends

AskVG.com
winspark unlockWindows.com techsurface.com

Copyright © 2009-2010 CyberDimensions | Theme Designed by TheBuckmaker | Re-Designed by: Vasu Jain | Home Page Image : Microsoft Windows 7 . | Theme Distributed by Mumbai Mania